We have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions we receive. Click on a question below to show the answer in our handy FAQ!
Possibly, there are some areas outside of Austin proper that we will service. Areas such as Round Rock, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, and Bee Cave we service regularly. Farther out areas like Spicewood, Lakeway, Manor, Elgin, Hutto, Taylor, Buda, Kyle, and Cedar Creek/Bastrop, we reserve the right to charge an additional one-way travel fee, starting at $50. Let us know where you are located and we can figure something out.
All of our electricians have a combined experience of almost 80 years, and our master electrician has been in construction and electrical since the 1980’s. (Learn more about who we are here!) We are licensed by TDLR, we carry general liability insurance, and we are a legal business filed with the Secretary of State. We are PCI-Compliant in our transactions, have an A+ rating at the BBB, and have over 800 reviews and an overall A-rating on Angie’s List. All our electricians must pass a criminal background check, and carry valid licenses. We also stay up-to-date with changes in National Electric Code with yearly continuing education and on-the-job training.
We have a minimum labor warranty of 1 year for our work only, from the date of installation. Longer labor warranties are available on larger jobs at additional charges. It does not cover parts and materials, unless we specifically express that in a written contract. Material manufacturers carry their own warranties, and you will need to consult their respective manuals. (Example: we installed a switch, but the switch turned out to be faulty due to manufacturing defects and our installation was correct; if we come back to replace the switch, we will have to charge another service call.) We will not warranty or validate someone else’s work, we warranty ONLY what we do. If our work is altered in any way, by anyone, even if it’s another electrician, our warranty is voided, and follow-up visits will be charged at our standard rates.
- The office is open Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm CST, and that’s usu
- ally our work schedule as well.
- Closed on major holidays (New Year’s, Independence Day, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas and the few days surrounding it). Minor holidays like Memorial Day and Labor Day are usually open.
- We don’t schedule work evenings or weekends unless there’s an emergency situation (like loss of power, loss of A/C on a hot day, loss of heat on a cold day, fire hazards). We charge 50% additional labor for weekends, overnight/after-hours and emergency visits.
“When can you come out” is probably the #1 question we are asked. As of August 2021, we cannot come out same-day, or even same-week. Currently we about 6-8 weeks booked in advance, and that’s BEFORE we can start scheduling other services. We genuinely want to service all of you, but honestly, we simply do not have the manpower to keep up! If you are willing to wait, we can add you to our list and let you know when there’s an opening. Your patience and loyalty are greatly appreciated!
Let us know right away if something is not working! We will come fix it. Your warranty is good for 1 year, so all you have to do is call and let us know what’s going on. The outcome of your warranty visit depends on what happened – there are so many possible variables on these visits, but these are the primary 3 possibilities:
- Faulty Installation (we did it wrong) – we will fix it at no charge.
- Good Installation, Bad Materials – we will have to charge a new service call. As mentioned in the warranty section, we cannot warranty materials or fixtures.
- If our installation was correct, but it caused another problem, we will work with you on a solution.